Welcome to the Muenster family. We’re so happy to have you as part of our pack, and want to give you a little insight to what makes our food the best & how to feed your dog!
- START SLOW: If you have been feeding another dog food for more than a month, your dog’s digestive system will need a tad bit of time to adjust. (the same way it would for a person if you went from eating pizza for a month to salad 🙂 😁
- FAST IF POSSIBLE: A 24 hour fast (no food) will do a wonder of good before transitioning a dog to a new diet. It lets the digestive system rest and helps the microbes in the gut to re-populate!
- INTRODUCE OVER 6 DAYS:
- Day 1: Fast (no food or treats 😬)
- Day 2: 25% Muenster, 75% old food
- Day 3: 50% Muenster, 50% old food
- Day 4: 75% Muenster, 25% old food
- Day 5: 75% Muenster, 25% old food
- Day 6: 100% Muenster 🐶
- FEED LESS: Did you know, Muenster contains appx 25-30% more calories per cup than most foods on the market? Due to our lower temperature cook process & higher meat inclusion recipes, we fit more calories in a cup than most! We ALWAYS recommend you feed your dog about 25-30% less than you were feeding on a prior diet. While it’s uncommon for a manufacturer to tell you to feed less of their product, we do! We want healthy trim dogs, not plump ones 😁!
- FEED ONCE PER DAY: While an unpopular choice, if you’re fighting digestive issues, allergies, obesity, this can be a game-changer for your dog. It allows the digestive tract to heal, rest & reduce inflammation with the body. It will take around 5-7 days to get your dog used to this, but you will see a difference in 30 days!
- If you have a highly active dog that has a hard time holding weight, continue feeding multiple times per day
- If you want to feed twice per day, we highly recommend feeding one of our many freeze-dried raw options in the morning as part of the meal plan. This will keep carbs low & provide you both with the happiness your dog wants!
- CONSIDER SWITCHING IT UP: Dog food can get a tad boring. I know this because I ate it for 30 days! Don’t believe me? Just google: man eats dog food for a month :) After this, we introduced the ability to customize a single bag with ingredients like salmon oil, coconut oil, bacon fat & other freeze-dried goodies. This allows you to keep the same base recipe to maintain a healthy digestive system, but also provide your dog with some of the variety it craves!
- REWARDS POINTS: Yep, that’s right, you just earned 100 rewards points just for ordering from us. Every time you purchase Muenster, you’re rewarded with 1 point for every dollar spent.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Please let us know how your dog does on the food and if you need any help! As a small family owned company, we heavily rely on feedback from our customers. 5-star reviews on our products are always appreciated, as is some love on social media 🙂
Mitch & Chad Felderhoff
4th Generation Owners